Your plumbing system consists of three parts, the water delivery system, the drainage system, and the fixtures. Life in your home will be inconvenient if any part of the system develops problems or fails. You rely on your plumbing system all day and can’t perform many daily household tasks if it isn’t working correctly.
If your plumbing system experiences any of the following problems, it’s best to call a plumbing service in Las Vegas, NV immediately.
#1 Plumbing Leaks
Plumbing leaks occur as the pipes age and begin to rust and corrode. Leaks also occur when a joint becomes loose or disconnected or when the seal fails.
Plumbing leaks cause water damage and mold growth and will cause your water bills to increase, so it’s best to call a plumbing service immediately.
Leaks in some areas are easier to detect than in others. For example, if there’s a leak under the sink, you’ll see standing water when you open the bathroom vanity or the kitchen cabinet. A leak behind the wall will cause water spots, but leaks under the house are more challenging to detect. There are signs to watch out for, including:
- Warm basement floor
- Reduced water pressure
- High water bills
- Damp floors
- Puddles by the house, even though it hasn’t rained
- One area of the lawn is lusher than the rest
A plumbing service will send a technician to your house to repair the leak before further damage occurs. If they can’t find the leaking pipe, the plumber will use leak detection equipment to find it.
#2 Drain Issues
When you turn on the water, you expect it to flow freely down the drain, and problems prevent the water from draining correctly. If your drains experience any of the following issues, it’s best to call a plumbing service immediately.
- Slow drains: Slow drains indicate a small clog in the drain, preventing the water from flowing freely down the drain. This can be frustrating when doing anything that requires the water to run because there’s a risk of an overflow.
Many homeowners will try a liquid drain cleaner to speed up the drains, but these products contain harsh chemicals that can damage the pipes, so it’s best to call a plumbing service in Las Vegas, NV.
A plumber has the tools and equipment necessary to remove the clog safely, restoring the water flow down the drain.
- Clogged drains: A completely clogged drain will prevent the water from draining, resulting in standing water. Bacteria growth can occur in standing water, creating a health hazard. Also, you won’t be able to use the sink or tub until the clog is removed, so it’s best to call a plumbing company immediately.
The plumber can use a drain snake, hydro-jetting, or air-jetting to remove the entire clog safely.
- Multiple clogs: If multiple drains clog simultaneously, you should call an emergency plumbing service. Multiple clogs indicate a clog in the sewer line, and if it is not addressed immediately, the waste and water will have nowhere to go and will back up into the house, resulting in a nasty mess that could be toxic.
A plumber has the knowledge and equipment to clean the line before a disaster occurs.
- Gurgling drains: Does a drain in your house make a gurgling sound when the water goes down? Even though the water still drains, the sound indicates a significant clog. The water must change directions to get past the clog, and the direction change creates air pockets in the pipes, creating a gurgling sound. Allowing the problem to persist will cause the problem to escalate to a complete clog, so it’s best to call a plumbing service immediately.
They’ll send a plumber to your house to remove the entire clog before further issues occur.
The best way to prevent a completely clogged drain is to call a plumbing service as soon as the problem starts. A plumber can safely remove the clog from the pipes, ensuring the water flows freely down the drain.
#3 Water Heater Issues
Your water heater is essential because it heats and stores the cold water that comes into your home. If the water heater isn’t working correctly, it can affect the water temperature or your ability to use hot water, so it’s best to call a plumbing service if the unit experiences any of the following issues:
- No hot water
- Lukewarm water
- The unit sounds like it’s possessed.
- Poor hot water pressure
- Rust or brown-colored water
- Moisture or water pooling around the unit
Your water heater is a complex appliance, and a DIY repair isn’t recommended. A DIY repair will void the warranty, and you could do more damage if you make a mistake.
A plumber in Las Vegas, NV can inspect the unit to determine what is causing the problem and determine if the unit can be fixed or if a replacement is necessary.
Call Craig’s Plumbing Today
If any part of your plumbing system acts up and you need to hire a licensed plumber, look no further than Craig’s Plumbing. We’re a family-owned and operated, full-service plumbing company serving customers in the area since 1997.
Our plumbers have undergone years of professional training and apprenticeship to learn their craft and have the knowledge and skill to handle any plumbing job.
When you call for service, we’ll do our best to get a plumber to your house the same day. They will be in a fully-stocked truck with the equipment and supplies necessary to make most repairs on the same day. Before they start the work, the plumber will give you a written estimate, so there are no surprises when you get the bill.
If you have a plumbing issue that can’t wait until our regular business hours, don’t panic. We provide emergency service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and we will get a plumber to your house as quickly as possible to resolve the problem.
If you need to schedule an appointment for a plumbing repair, call Craig’s Plumbing today.