The Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors Association’s journeyman training program is a course held during the evening hours, allowing students to complete a full work day gaining on-the-job experience and putting their training to practice.
Through this program, students are able to learn everything they need in order to become a competent plumber. This includes:
- Plumbing installation fundamentals, hands-on service and repair, mathematics, related science, blueprint reading and sketching, occupation safety and health course, and first aid during their first year.
- Installation practices, mathematics, related science, blueprint reading and sketching, welding, rigging and hoisting, ladders and scaffolds, and plumbing vents and sewage pumps during their second year.
- Installation practices (commercial and residential), Installation Methods, Mathematics, Related Science, Blueprints and Specifications, Gas Code, Gas sizing, Storm drainage and sizing, Field Trips, Pre-planning, Productivity, and Profitability, during their third year.
- Installation practices, mathematics, related science, blueprint reading, plumbing code, plumbing heating systems, and plumbing curriculum review during their fourth year.
All applicants to PHCC-ORSB Training Program must have completed their high school education, GED or equivalent, and all applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of enrollment.
Application requirements include:
- A signed Application for admission with all portions completed.
- Proof of Age and of High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- $120.00 Registration Fee (School Book Included) 2009 UPC Code Book and Study Guide are extra.
- Tuition for the Year – $1530 in advance or pay in 10 monthly installments of $170.00 a month for members.
- Tuition for the Year – $3060 in advance or pay in 10 monthly installments of $340.00 a month for non-members.
To find out more or to download a copy of the application form, please visit http://www.phcc.com/.