If you’ve ever dealt with a plumbing issue, you know how frustrating it can be. Daily household tasks can be difficult or impossible if any part of the plumbing system isn’t working correctly.
Many homeowners today handle home repairs themselves to save money, but DIY plumbing repairs aren’t recommended. Your plumbing system is complex, and licensed plumbers undergo years of education and apprenticeship to learn their craft. Without the necessary knowledge and experience, it’s easy to make a mistake causing more damage. Also, the repair bill will be higher than it would have been if you had hired a licensed professional first.
If your plumbing system experiences any of the following issues, hiring a plumber in Henderson, NV, is best.
A leak in your plumbing system is a serious problem because the water leaking can cause significant water damage and mold growth. Also, you’ll waste a considerable amount of water, causing your water bills to increase. Old pipes can rust and corrode, causing a leak. Also, loose joints or a failed seal can cause a leak, and you’ll need to hire a licensed plumber to handle the repair.
Leaks under the sink are easy to spot because you’ll find standing water under the sink. Leaks behind the wall often leave water stains on the wall and are easy to detect. Leaks under the house can cause puddles in the yard, causing the basement floor to feel warm, and if the pipe has been leaking for a while, the water can cause damage to your home’s foundation. Sometimes, a high water bill is the only sign of a leak.
If you notice signs of a leaking pipe in your home, it’s best to call an emergency plumber immediately to prevent further issues.
#2 Drain Issues
Most people don’t think about drain health until something goes wrong. As long as the water flows freely down the drain, there’s nothing to be concerned about. Unfortunately, drain issues are common and can occur at any time. If a drain in your house isn’t working correctly and experiences any of the following problems, a DIY repair isn’t recommended, and it’s best to hire a licensed professional in Henderson, NV.
- The water drains slowly: A small clog will cause the water to drain slowly, which is a problem when you do anything that requires the water to run for a while. If the water doesn’t drain quickly, the sink can overflow, and the tub will fill while you’re taking a shower. Removing the clog with a liquid drain cleaner isn’t recommended because you won’t know if the entire clog was removed. If part of the clog remains, it won’t be long before the water starts draining slowly again. A licensed professional can remove the entire clog, ensuring the water continues flowing freely down the drain.
- The water won’t drain: Significant clogs can prevent the water from draining, resulting in standing water in the sink or tub that won’t go down. This is a frustrating issue because you can’t use the sink or tub until the clog is removed, and it’s best to hire a licensed plumber immediately. The plumber will remove the entire clog safely, and the standing water will drain.
- Multiple slow or clogged drains: It isn’t a coincidence if more than one drain clogs. In most cases, the problem is due to a clog in the sewer line, which can be a serious problem. Allowing the problem to persist can result in a sewage backup, creating a messy hand hazardous mess in your home.
A licensed professional in Henderson, NV, can clear the sewer line, allowing the water to drain freely and eliminating the risk of a backup.
#3 Clogged Toilet
Most toilet clogs aren’t a significant cause for concern because plunging the toilet is often enough to break up the clog enough that it can be flushed. The plunger won’t be effective if the clog is too large, too solid, or located too far down the drain pipe. Trying to flush a clogged toilet will cause it to overflow, making it impossible to use the toilet, which can be frustrating, especially if you only have one bathroom.
A plumber can use a drain auger to break up tough clogs so that you can flush the toilet. If they can’t reach the clog because it’s too far down the drainpipe, the professional can remove the toilet to get the clog.
#4 Water Heater Issues
Your water heater is technically an appliance, but it’s also an essential part of the plumbing system because it provides hot water. If the unit isn’t working correctly, it can affect the water’s temperature. Some issues can affect your ability to use hot water, and some can cause a flood, and it’s best to hire a licensed plumber if your unit experiences any of the following problems.
- You have no hot water.
- The water doesn’t get hotter than lukewarm.
- You frequently run out of hot water.
- Poor hot water pressure
- Strange sounds coming from the unit
- Moisture or water pooling around the unit.
A licensed professional can inspect the water heater to find the cause of the problem so it can be resolved quickly.
Call Craig’s Plumbing Today
If you have a problem with your plumbing system and want to call a licensed professional, look no further than Craig’s Plumbing. We’re a family-owned and operated, licensed, and insured plumbing company, serving customers in the area since 1997.
Our plumbers are professionally trained, highly skilled, and have the expertise to handle any plumbing issue. Our techs will inspect the plumbing system, determine the best way to resolve the problem, and give you a written estimate upfront. This will avoid an upsetting surprise when it’s time to pay the bill.
Scheduling with us is easy as we have flexible weekday and weekend appointments. If you have a problem that can’t wait until we’re open or we have an available appointment, don’t panic. We provide emergency service 24/7 and will get tech to your home to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
To schedule an appointment for plumbing service, give Craig’s Plumbing a call.