Water is one of the most valuable resources on earth. Sometimes, it can also be one of the most expensive especially if homeowners are responsible with their water use. Here are some easy tricks to lessen your monthly water bill:
– Traditional showers use up to four gallons of water per minute. Encourage family members to shorten their shower time to reduce monthly costs incurred. It can also be useful to install a low-flow shower head to save up to 70 percent on bills.
– When taking baths, fill the tub only half way through.
– Don’t let the water run when hand washing dishes, rinsing off produce, or while brushing your teeth.
– Opt for car washing services. This not only reduces the gallons used by a household but also allows car owners to have their vehicles cleaned more efficiently.
– Always check for leaks. Toilets, faucets, and pipes, when left unchecked, can waste up to 7,000 gallons of water a month.
– Don’t use sprinkler systems when its raining.- Consider how you can reuse water. Rain water can be used to water plants while previously used water can be used for other purposes.