It doesn’t matter why you may need a plumber one day, whether it’s an emergency because your basement is flooding or you just want to add another bathroom to your home. The fact of the matter is that whenever you need a plumber you probably want the most reputable one in town. That’s when you start wondering how to go about finding a plumber near me in North Las Vegas, NV. To help you find the best plumber in North Las Vegas, NV we have written the following information you should keep in mind when you start your search. Read on and find out all you need to know.
Emergency Or Not: Finding The Right Plumber Near Me In North Vegas
One of the biggest things you should keep in mind when looking for a plumber near me in Las Vegas is whether the job you need them for is an emergency or only a run of the mill situation that can wait a couple of days. Additionally, you should consider what day it is. If it’s the weekend or a holiday, you may end up paying more than you would on a normal weekday. The same stands true for emergencies as compared to regular plumbing needs. In either case, one of the best things you can do is to get a written quote before hiring anybody.
Another thing to keep in mind is the specialty of the plumber near me in Las Vegas you are looking for. In some cases, if your issue is something simple, such as changing the washer in a faucet, an apprentice can get the job done at a lower cost, but when you are up to your ankles in sewage, you are better off looking for a master plumber near me in Las Vegas, NV.
Common Problems a Plumber Near Me in North Vegas Can Fix
Following up on the type of plumber you might need, as mentioned above, we must mention that the majority of professional plumbers are trained to evaluate, repair, replace and install a wide range of fixtures and systems that are commonly used to transport water, sewage and drainage in residential and commercial properties. Some of the most common issues professional plumbers are trained to repair are the following:
- Clogs in toilets, pipes, and drains – if your toilet isn’t flushing and the water in your sinks just sits there without going anywhere you are going to need a plumber to fix the problems. A professional plumber near me in Vegas will have the necessary experience to get the job done correctly in a short time.
- Problems with your toilets – when your toilet clogs frequently, makes gurgling sounds, or leaks, a professional plumber is trained to find the underlying problem and recommend a replacement or repair.
- Remodeling jobs – when you choose to remodel your kitchen or bathroom, or simply decide to add another bathroom to your home, you are going to need a complete plumbing installation that includes pipes, drains, and more. For this type of project you may need the help of a master plumber to make sure everything is in accordance with local codes and regulations.
While the scope of a plumber’s work is pretty widespread, there are things that should be addressed by certain specialists, such as plumbers that specialize in electrical water heaters, or those that are certified and licensed to work with natural gas installations. Regardless of your specific case, make sure you ask about your plumber near me in North Vegas to ensure you are hiring the right professional for your needs.
When You Need A Plumber: Emergencies And Non-Emergencies
As stated at the start of this article, when you are looking to hire a plumber you should first figure out if you have an emergency or not, and whether it’s a normal weekday or it is a holiday or weekend. Here we present a few problems which can be considered emergencies, no matter which day of the week they happen on. For each one of these you will have to call a professional plumber with plenty of experience in the problem at hand. Let’s take a look.
What is a plumbing emergency? There are certain problems that might happen when you least expect them to, and when they do, they can cause thousands of dollars in damages to your home, which means that a plumber should be called in right away, no matter if it’s a holiday weekend in the middle of the night. Some of these issued include:
- Flooding or the threat of a flood due to a sump pump that stopped working, pipes that burst due to freezing or other causes, and flooding due to heavy rains or the overflow of levees and dams. Any instance of flooding can inflict severe damages to your home and even put your life and that of your family in danger, so you will have to call a plumber to come over right away.
- A backed up sewer line can turn into a plumbing emergency in a very short time. Aside from being dangerous to the health of all those who live in your home, it can result in you not being able to use your water supply because it can make the backup worse and cause a flood inside your home. As soon as foul smells start wafting through your home from any of the drains and these same drains start slowing down, call a plumber right away.
- No water in your home can mean something is really wrong with your pipes. In many cases the source of the problem can be traced to a leak behind a wall or under a concrete slab or frozen pipes. When this happens and no water comes out of any of your fixtures, you should call a plumber immediately before the integrity of your home is endangered.
When is a plumbing problem not an emergency? Certain plumbing issues can wait a few days before you find a plumber to fix them, although they should be addressed as soon as possible to ensure they don’t worsen and turn into emergencies. Some of these problems include clogged toilets or toilets that are constantly running, low water pressure, or minor leaks that create wet spots but still aren’t forming puddles on the floors of your home. These, among others, are non-emergency problems that can wait until you make an appointment with a professional plumber to have them fixed.
At Craig’s Plumbing, we are always happy to help you when you need a plumber near me in North Las Vegas, NV. We have the training and expertise to help you solve any plumbing problem you can have, regardless of how difficult it may seem. So, don’t hesitate and give us a call today before that annoying leak turns into a major flood.